polka dots

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let it be..






here we have the dismount from the triple decker shoulder ride! Face plant!!








Since Liam's joined our ranks, we 've been really enjoying family time together at home. Having a baby generally slows one down a bit - or it did me! In addition to slowing down, we have been abundantly blessed with meals from neighbors, our squadron, and our church. Those, alone, have allowed me to have so much more time with my kids rather than shooing them out of the kitchen so I can make dinner. What a blessing! Usually, Jason gets the girls bouncing off the walls when he gets home during the week - it's their crazy Daddy time of lots of running and wrestling. On the weekends, we've been able to relax just all hanging out in the LR/DR area (it's one common room). I'll be at the table sewing, Jason's working on school stuff on the laptop in the LR, and the girls are reading books to each other, making a fort, dressing up, or playing "house" or "store" nearby. One Sunday afternoon, while it was raining, I sat in the glider having just fed Liam and just took in the scene: I'm rocking the baby; Macy was choosing books for Clancey to read to her as they sat in front of the bookshelf - it's so cute to see her cozy up to her sisters! Jason had Annabelle in his lap and they were reading a book, and I thought: it just doesn't get any better than this! How blessed am I?! I've attempted to keep our schedule pretty calm so that we can just "be" more often than being on the go. The weather here allows for alot of outdoor play time (when we're not in the Seattle season of rain) and outdoor play is endless! Though there are so many parks around, we are often just out front on my neighbor's driveway, playing and "being". I guess when we put people first, there is a certain peace that accompanies it; especially those people that God's given us.

1 comment: