We had our friends/neighbors over for dinner tonight. Clancey decided to show their 3 yr old her "garage sale" that she had organized in her room. She had some dress-up stuff up for grabs that were, no joke, hung on a hanger, dangling from her top bunk railing, and priced. Yes, priced. They've been that way for the past few days so I thought nothing of it. The 3yr old came downstairs asking her mom if she had any money b/c she wanted to go home w/one of the items for sale. So, I guess the price was right and her mom got the money. The 3 yr old was quoted $3 for the garment (and no bargaining was happening) :) So....we're all downstairs, I'm sort of shaking my head, amused that this just happened (and slightly weirded out about selling something to our friends - we should just give it to them). Anyhow...Clancey says, "Mom! I have $15 now! I can go get ______" (whatever item she said she was saving up for). I said, "oh, really?" She replied, "Yeah - that's why I priced that dress at $3. It was $1.00, but I changed it to 3 so I could [make my goal]". Well, she said this in front of everyone and I about died! We're laughing, my neighbor's saying "Next time, don't share that part, Clancey!" and I'm a bit pink. Oh, thanks for graceful friends! Moral of the story: If you ever try to buy something from Clancey, ask her what the first price was!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Clancey can run my garage sale any day! :)
ReplyDelete