polka dots

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

the FULL life




























So.....I'm noticing that Oct 3rd was my last entry. What can I say? Sad? Nah....reality is more the word. Life in our home has been hoppin'. In October, we took a 2 1/2 week trip (I refrain from using the word "vacation" for obvious reasons) to visit our family in Virginia and Texas. Packing and getting things logistically covered was...how shall I say?......time-consuming. Before we departed, yet AFTER we purchased our five cross-country plane tickets, Jason's leave got moved. He had to take a different flight a few days after us. "Us" defined as me and the kids. Great. (The picture of the kids and I was taken right before we boarded by a flight attendant that said, "Do you have a camera?? I have got to take ya'll's picture!!") Thankfully, our trip to Atlanta, then on to Charlottesville was very smooth. We had a 2 1/2 hour delay in Atlanta which put us into Charlottesville after midnight. However, God is good. My kids were on California time. So....they hung just fine. Seating was strategic, as we had to deal with that once we boarded the plane, but the bathrooms were the highlight. You know how many people don't fit in one of those bathrooms. Add Macy, a 2yr old, who's 2 months into potty-training. Fine at home; not desireable for a day of airplane travel. Our flight attendants on Delta were awesome and accomodating and, of course, very willing to hold my sweet baby so I could assist on potty patrols. And the first-class passengers that I walked by 1,000 times loved us. :) The key to traveling with kids is limiting fluids. Call me cruel, call me awful, call it dehydration....whatever.... I limit drinks until I get to my final destination. Even the bathroom runs in the airport stunk! Stroller, big bag, one kids' backpack, 8 month old baby, laptop bag (for the movie viewing that was ultimately a flop), and jackets tied around each girls' waist. Oh yeah....we should've charged for watching our bathroom circus! Ha!







But Virginia was fun. The kids and I drove to Northern VA to stay w/the Faduls while Jason prepped for and ran the Marine Corps Marathon. He did awesome! The crowds, however.....made me almost cry! I was so thankful I decided to leave Macy with Elaine for that rendezvous with Jason. The Metro was a mess and I still had three kids with me through crazy crowds. And oh yeah....Jason had no cell phone on him. We met up the old fashioned way. After the Marathon, we got to catch up with the Stones and the Kalbskopfs before we headed back to Charlottesville.
















We were able to see family members we hadn't talked to since we left and met two new baby girls - Lucy was 13 months & Grace was born the day after Lucy. Jason and I got away to walk our land he acquired from his grandfather alone one afternoon. I got to catch up with some college friends - Kris and Shaele. We met up with Shaele and her girls on the Lawn for some costume fun. Of course, as it goes with reunions, time is just too short.


We headed to Texas to see the Meyer family and celebrate two birthdays: my sister's 40th and my 33rd. Very fun getting to see everyone. I wish I had pictures from both birthday celebrations, but I don't. Cic....I need some pics! lol

Liam got to meet his new cousin, Meredith (also a 2009'er), and my sister, Stephanie and her family.


Okay....that's all I have for now. I'm already thinking that the published version of this entry will looking nothing like my preview. For some reason, placing photos is my biggest hardship. Oh well...until the next one...TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment