polka dots

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lower Expectations

I had visions of a lazy summer this year. For those of you laughing at me, I "get" it now. :) That summer is a lllooooonnnnngggg way off. One of the few things I wanted to do was get my sewing machine out and accomplish something new. As it happened, a ladies' night involving sewing machines and friends came together just in time. An accomplished seamstress showed 3 of us how to make a simple skirt and, of course, I multiplied it by three. My next goal is to figure out and applique something on the white shirts.
Here are my cowgirls (and Liam): Here is my "help" the next morning, trying to crank them all out:
For now, I've decided to bring my "let's get some stuff done this summer, while relaxing" attitude go a little bit. ie: I've lowered the bar. We may not finish Spanish via Rosetta Stone (we haven't started, either), I probably won't shed a third of my body weight, and re-organizing my house from top to bottom probably won't happen either. At least I'm at a point of acceptance, though. Acknowledging it is the first step - and half the battle.


No comments:

Post a Comment